drivers/net/usb/asix - Re: WS-UL220G USB 2.0 Gigabit Ethernet Adapter in Dell Inspiron 700m laptop

NoOp glgxg at sbcglobal.net
Fri Jul 17 02:58:04 UTC 2009

On 07/10/2009 11:01 AM, Zenaan Harkness wrote:
> I have a number of WS-UL220G USB 2.0 Ethernet adapters, new. I have
> tested with two of them, see below.
>
> Testing in Dell Inspiron 700m laptop, a few years old, with two USB 2.0
> ports - tested in both ports.
>
> Kernel module is "asix" it appears.
>
> I'm running Ubuntu 8.04. I've tested (tonight) this device on the
> following kernels:
>    vmlinuz-2.6.24-19-generic
>    vmlinuz-2.6.24-23-generic
>    vmlinuz-2.6.24-24-generic
>
> The manufacturer advertises Linux support.

Yes they do:
http://www.win-star.com/eshop/goods.php?id=29
System Requirements

 Pentium III 800MHz or faster PC with USB port
 256 MB RAM or more
 Windows® 98SE/ME/2000/XP/Vista
     Linux 2.4 Kernal or High
     MAC OS 10.3 or High
Have you tried:
http://www.win-star.com/eshop/article.php?id=4
[Tech Support Email: ]
and asked them? Note: not being a smart ass... just asking a valid question.