Does sources list mess require fresh install

David Fox dfox94085 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 17 01:06:16 UTC 2009

On Thu, Jul 16, 2009 at 5:50 PM, LL Phillips<lilo.phillips at sympatico.ca> wrote:

>  I tried to manually edit my sources list on  my first try installing
> Ubuntu 9.04 using Live CD in an effort to get CANTA music software

OK, firstly, what lines were changed?

Secondly, did the canta repository add files that were in other
repositories that make it difficult to back out the changes? This is
assuming you actually installed from that repository.

Deleting the repository is simple - just edit the file as root, place
a # (comment) in front of the deb and deb-src lines for that
repository, and then save & quit, then do "aptitude update" as root.

--
thanks for letting me change the magnetic patterns on your hard disk.