[Ubuntu 9.04] How to de-assert Mute of Volume Control when starting GNOME?

NoOp glgxg at sbcglobal.net
Thu Jul 16 16:26:05 UTC 2009

On 07/16/2009 03:36 AM, Detlef Lechner wrote:
> On Wed, 2009-07-15 at 12:57 -0700, NoOp wrote:
>
>> Seems to be a hard one to figure out; see:
>>
>> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/pulseaudio/+bug/352732
>> [jaunty] Sound muted after boot
>
> Thank you for your very informative answer. I subscribed to this bug
> report now.
>
> Detlef Lechner

One thing I noticed; I can replicate this problem on one of my systems
if I have my 'PC Speaker' setting muted. It only happens on one system
when I do that. But since I un-muted (turned the sound up just a little
on that one setting) 'PC Speaker' I no longer have the problem. You
might give that a try to see if it works for you as well.