Network Disaster

John Graddy jwgraddy at valornet.com
Wed Jul 15 16:04:45 UTC 2009

I suddenly can't bring up rhe network in Jaunty.  Everything was fine last night.  I was fooling around with HPLIP, trying to get the status of printers to work.  All seemed to be OK.  This morning when I booted, I get the message "No System Tray detected on this system".  No network connections are displayed and I can't figure out how to get the network up or to get a system tray added.  I apparently accidently messed something up while fooling around eith HPLIP.

I am now resorting to using Windows to send this email because Windows is still working and still is providing network access.  Any help would be GREATLY APPRECIATED.

Thanks,
John