microphone issue Jaunty netbook remix

Peter N. Spotts pspotts at alum.mit.edu
Wed Jul 15 15:25:43 UTC 2009

On Wed, 15 Jul 2009 11:03:41 -0400
Gary Kirkpatrick <pegngary at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello Peter
>
> I do not have a digital mic option.
>

> Mohammed, I installed pulse with the same result.
>
> Thanks for any other suggestions.
>
> Gary

Ah, I have alsa *and* pulse installed, and the digital mic option
appears only when I've selected HDA Intel (alsa mixer) as my device
selection.

Like Mohamad, I suggest installing alsa base and alsa utils, then
reopen volume control. Under preferences, make sure you check off
digital input sources at the bottom of the list of selections.

Then restart the volume control and an Options tab will appear. Then
you can select the digital mic option.

I hope that helps...

Pete

--
Peter N. Spotts | Science reporter
The Christian Science Monitor

"The knack of flying is to throw yourself at the ground and miss."
            -- Douglas Adams, "A Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy"