using expect with sun-java6-jre package

Derek Broughton derek at pointerstop.ca
Wed Jul 15 14:21:01 UTC 2009

Soren Orel wrote:

> it brings up a licence, and I have to accept it :)

Please don't top post.  It makes it hard to have a conversation.

> On Fri, Jul 10, 2009 at 6:26 PM, sktsee <sktsee at tulsaconnect.com> wrote:
>
>> On Thu, 2009-07-09 at 22:25 +0200, Soren Orel wrote:
>> > I know, I could automate "ascii based" things, but what about e.g.:
>> >
>> > apt-get install sun-java6-jre
>> >
>> > install? I mean It wants me to agree with a license, and then I have
>> > to hit enter, yes, etc..
>> >
>> > could there be a way to make sun-java6-jre install automaticly,
>> > without user interaction?
>> >
>> Does apt-get -y install sun-java6-jre work?

I haven't really looked at it, but you only have to do this _once_.  After
that, subsequent reinstalls/updates show a message that the license has
already been accepted.  This would suggest that either the post-install
scripts create a marker file indicating acceptance, or it's stored in
debconf.  Either way, you could conceivably set the flag yourself so that
the question was never asked.
--
derek