[OT] Re: Don't send me a private copy of list-mail

Res res at ausics.net
Tue Jul 14 22:52:03 UTC 2009

On Tue, 14 Jul 2009, Siggy Brentrup wrote:

>> The only problem there is DJB lost credability nearly 10 years ago :)

> Any references or just a statement?

A statement, and one shared by any network administrator I've come
accross in the past 10 years, his arrogance and personality are only some
of the reasons, his abondoning qmail (in reality back in 2001) where
even in 2005 it wouldnt build on most modern OS's without 3rd party patches,
also says alot about him, his attacks on Sendmail and Postfix say more, one
big dummy spitter, not to mention qmail was a spammers delight and a
malicious parties delght with backscatter.. yes, i know, adventually there
was, again, 3rd party patches to combat them, no patches were ever sanctioned
by Daniel, if you cared, and if you wanted to show up other MTA's, you don't
release an MTA and then leave it in such a pathetic state :)

I do give him credit for MailDir, however even that needed to be modernised,
I think this was done by Sam Varschik? (forget his last name, he's the guy
from Courier) with MailDir++ not long after djb's initial release and one
we still use today.

Even the most avid fans of djb that I've met and worked with over the
years, today no longer use any of his stuff.

--
Res

-Beware of programmers who carry screwdrivers