help about epson stylus 8450

Nils Kassube kassube at gmx.net
Tue Jul 14 16:16:24 UTC 2009

Yiannis Bestas wrote:
> I just have installed the ubuntu 9.04 amd x 84.
> My problem is that the scanner of my epson stylus 8450 is not
> recognized by xsane.

You could try if the iscan program from avasys.jp supports your 8450. I
know it supports the Epson Stylus 4050. For some reason I can't access
the avasys site at the moment and therefore I can't tell you more. I
remember they had a form for selecting the driver according to operating
system and printer type and IIRC they offered the appropriate .deb
package.

Nils