[Meta] Don't send me a private copy of list-mail

Amedee @ Ubuntu amedee-ubuntu at amedee.be
Tue Jul 14 08:31:38 UTC 2009

Res's mail got eaten by a grue so I'll reply here.

On Tue, July 14, 2009 00:13, PleegWat wrote:
> Res wrote:

>> The problem is the list is not set correctly, if i hit "reply" not
>> reply-all, just reply, it presents me with:

Must be something with your MUA.
I use Squirrelmail, and a reply always goes to the list.

>> (i munged your address incase list software does not)

That is very considerate of you, but it's not needed. I don't mind spam. I
imagine the sound of terminated SMTP connections every time I look at my
spam statistics. :-) Greylisting really works for me, and so do the other
antispam measures.

> It actually seems to vary per poster. For your post, for example, the
> 'reply' button correctly only selects the list. I still agree it's a
> list config issue though - reply should probably always be the list.
> Having 'reply' be the poster and 'reply all' the list would be nice in
> theory, but is confusing in practice and always results in the replyee
> getting the reply-all twice (on-list and off-list).

Reply -> to the poster
Reply-all -> to poster + list
Reply-to-list -> to list

If your mail client doesn't have a reply-to-list, then you can probably
add that with a third-party addon. I have once seen one for Thunderbird,
Google will help you there.

--
Amedee