problem with hostname

NoOp glgxg at sbcglobal.net
Tue Jul 14 00:27:01 UTC 2009

On 07/12/2009 05:06 AM, pkaplan1 at comcast.net wrote:

> This problem started about two weeks ago and there have been no
> references in the syslog files to "wlsdev18-2" since June 29. I
> assume I did something at that I did something on that date to cause
> this, but I have no idea what (could have been some mucking with
> Samba while attached to the AD network at work).

Open up synaptic: File|History and see what else you may have installed
on the 29th. Perhaps something that you installed in the process may be
causing it. You could also 'purge' samba and related packages, test, and
then reinstall Samba. Be sure to purge the packages (or use 'Mark for
Complete Removal' in synaptic) rather than just remove them, otherwise
the suspect config files will remain.