[Meta] Don't send me a private copy of list-mail

PleegWat pleegwat at telfort.nl
Mon Jul 13 22:13:59 UTC 2009

Res wrote:
> On Mon, 13 Jul 2009, Amedee @ Ubuntu wrote:
>
>>> You should never reply to spam at all.  It screws up the filters.
>> You should not send an individual copy to someone who follows the list. It
>> screws up the filters.
>
> The problem is the list is not set correctly, if i hit "reply" not
> reply-all, just reply, it presents me with:
>
> (i munged your address incase list software does not)
>
> To      : amedeeXXXXXvangasse.eu,
>            "Ubuntu user technical support, not for general discussions"
> <ubuntu-users at lists.ubuntu.com>
>

> so perhaps you can have the list daddy fix the list, and not have a go at
> the posters, its not their fault the list is incompetantly setup.

It actually seems to vary per poster. For your post, for example, the
'reply' button correctly only selects the list. I still agree it's a
list config issue though - reply should probably always be the list.
Having 'reply' be the poster and 'reply all' the list would be nice in
theory, but is confusing in practice and always results in the replyee
getting the reply-all twice (on-list and off-list).