invoking scripts from rc.local

Admin admin at enabled.com
Sun Jul 12 06:24:00 UTC 2009

Hi there,

I am trying to start simplifyserver.sh located in my personal homedir
from /etc/rc.local but the Simplify server never starts and there is no
error message.  Any clues what i need to check and/or why this is
happening and how I can auto execute the Simplify server upon reboot?

--- rc.local ---

#!/bin/sh -e

#

# rc.local

#

# This script is executed at the end of each multiuser runlevel.

# Make sure that the script will "exit 0" on success or any other

# value on error.

#

# In order to enable or disable this script just change the execution

# bits.

#

# By default this script does nothing.

cd /home/homey/simplifymedia
./simplifyserver.sh
exit 0

--- snip ---

here is the simplifyserver.sh script.

$ cat /home/homey/simplifymedia/simplifyserver.sh
#!/bin/bash

#./SimplifyPeer -f config_server.xml "$@" 2>> SimplifyPeerLinux.log &
./SimplifyPeer -f config_server.xml -n <username> -l MusicServer -p
<password> -s /mnt/music 2>> /dir/simplifymedia/SimplifyPeerLinux.log &