OS Error on Boot

Wade Smart wadesmart at gmail.com
Thu Jul 9 01:22:46 UTC 2009

On Wed, Jul 8, 2009 at 7:44 PM, Wade Smart<wadesmart at gmail.com> wrote:
> 20090708 1939 GMT-5
>
> I need a bit more help.
>
> /sdb1 /boot
> /sdb3 /
> /sdb2 - unused
> /sdb6 / home 48gb
> /sdb5 /swap
>
> /sda1 /media/disk -backup drive
> /sda3 extended
> /sda5 /swap
>
> So, my main drive, a 200gb Maxtor is the one that is apparently had it.
>
> I pulled the dvd drive and put in another hd to backup my /home to.
> Now the system wont boot. I checked the bios for the ide sequence and
> only one drive, the maxtor shows up. So I checked the cables, the
> power, still nothing. I put back in the dvd drive and now my /sda1
> drive is showing as well as my dvd player.  I thought it was the
> cables but... apparently that drive has to be there. Why?
>
> Wade

20090708 2015 GMT-5

I just installed a 20gb drive (as its what I have right here). I
installed the Live CD so I could see whats on this drive. First off,
when I do almost anything I get an error saying nautlius has died and
there is not enough memory. System Monitor says Im using 191mb of 2gb
of ram, using 0bytes of 2.1gb swap. CPU is 6%.