reverting from change to karmic development branch

Stephen Burke steve.burke.56 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 8 03:09:25 UTC 2009

I was doing some work on a bug in Launchpad and needed to get Karmic source
for a particular package.  To do this I added a file in the
/etc/apt/sources.list.d directory with the following contents.  I got the
source I needed but there were some side effects.

deb-src http://us.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ karmic main restricted
deb-src http://us.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ karmic-updates main restricted
deb-src http://us.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ karmic universe
deb-src http://us.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ karmic-updates universe

I noticed that my update manager had a lot of packages to update and
mentioned a distribution upgrade (not sure of the exact wording).  I updated
all the packages and now in my grub boot list all my kernels have "karmic
development branch" in the beginning of them.  What is the easiest way to
reverse this change and go back to Jaunty?

Thanks
Steve