No good CD-Rom copy software (fwd)

Karl F. Larsen klarsen1 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 7 03:02:27 UTC 2009

NoOp wrote:
> Top posted on purpose.
>
> Two questions:
>
> 1. Why is it that you can't seem to figure out how to post in the
> original thread and instead continue to spawn these new posts?
>
> 2. 'Joerg'/Jörg Joerg Schilling <Joerg.Schilling at fokus.fraunhofer.de>
> posted on this list previously

> Subject: Re: No good CD-Rom copy software
> Date: Mon, 29 Jun 2009 12:36:42 +0200
>
> so apparently he's subscribed to the list. Any reason why you need to do
> a 'man-in-the-middle' here?
>
> Recommend that you go back to the original thread and comment there.
>

> On 07/06/2009 03:49 PM, Res wrote:
>> Thanks Jorg, this only confirms mine and others suspicions..
>>
>> Oli, and others: forwarded to the list so you dont have to wait a week for
>> the mod to approve the post.
>>
>> So, Oli, what has Ubuntu got to say about this....., also please CC Jorg
>> directly in Emails reference this issue (as he is not a member of this list).
>>
>> Res

	I think it has gone far enough in this rather stupid talk stage. It
appears that people who hold positions of importance have decided it is
better for Ubuntu to use a really broken CD-Rom read/write software
because they can't get along with the author of software that works just
fine. I, as a Ubuntu user have d/l the cdrecord software from the author
and I have used it.

	It works fine and I am working on a more general config file for  this
so it takes just a bash call to get it to copy, record, and playback any
CD and DVD. But this takes me back to 1995 when I first used cdrecord on
Slackware!!!

73 Karl

- --

	Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI