change from mx to us repositories?

Leonard Chatagnier lenc5570 at sbcglobal.net
Mon Jul 6 20:40:37 UTC 2009

--- On Mon, 7/6/09, Brendan Miller <catphive at catphive.net> wrote:

> From: Brendan Miller <catphive at catphive.net>
> Subject: change from mx to us repositories?
> To: ubuntu-users at lists.ubuntu.com
> Date: Monday, July 6, 2009, 12:33 PM
> For some reason when I installed
> ubuntu I was pointed at the mx
> repositories. I tried editing all the entries in
> /etc/apt/sources.list
> to point to us.archive.* but apt-get update seems to ignore
> the
> changes:

You can pretty well ignore the  "Translation-en_US" entries as everyone seems to get those.  However you still seem to have mx entries and apparently no us entries.  Perhaps you should copy and post your /etc/apt/sources.list file.  You may want to edit the copy, deleting the lines starting with "#", the comments, to make the reading easier.  I suspesct you have errors and improper entries in the sources.list file.
To answer your last question(snipped), You tell apt to use the us repo by correctly editing the sources.list file or properly editing the "software sources" gui as mentioned before.

Leonard Chatagnier
lenc5570 at sbcglobal.net