To switch or not to switch, that is the question...

Brian Lunergan mtlvctny at yahoo.ca
Mon Jul 6 19:32:44 UTC 2009

--- On Sun, 7/5/09, Fred Roller <froller at tnclimited.com> wrote:
> From: Fred Roller <froller at tnclimited.com>
> Subject: Re: To switch or not to switch, that is the question...
> To: "Ubuntu user technical support, not for general discussions" <ubuntu-users at lists.ubuntu.com>
> On Sun, 2009-07-05 at 17:02 -0400,

<trimmed>

> I agree with Daryl, the tweeners from LTS to LTS work (dare
> i say)
> better than 90% and can be a blessing or a curse and really
> depends on
> your system, software, and usage.  Input, techie or
> not, helps develop
> the OS and software.  If you depend on your system for
> work or life
> though, stay with LTS.  If, on the other hand you
> don't mind rolling up
> your sleeves then try the upgrades.  Either way, try
> in virtualbox first
> then decide.

Installed VirtualBox OSE, but not able to find an explanation of installing Kubuntu to a virtual machine from a live CD. All the notes I was able to find speak about using the iso file, which I no longer have.

Any leads on an explanation of how to load it using the live CD?

Alternatively, I'm assuming I can use the live CD as my source for applying the KDE desktop onto Ubuntu. Any pointers to notes or a tutorial explaining the way to do that?

Brian Lunergan
Nepean, Ontario
Canada