GPU-based processing

Sambit Bikas Pal sambitbikaspal at gmail.com
Mon Jul 6 17:26:56 UTC 2009

On Mon, Jul 6, 2009 at 18:10, David McNally<david3333333 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi everyone.
>
> I've read that Mac OS X Snow Leopard will have the ability to use the GPU
> for regular processing. This would obviously come in handy for people who
> have a fast GPU and who use programs that are heavy for the CPU. Does anyone
> know if there is any way to do this in Ubuntu?

For those with compatible Nvidia GPUs, there is CUDA.
http://www.nvidia.com/object/cuda_home.html
It is available for Linux as well.

However only certain kinds of computations can be sped up using CUDA.
It's written in C. Check out the link for more info.

--
Sambit Bikas Pal
MS 4th Year

Web:  http://www.botcyb.org