1GB Trash. Permission denied.

Dotan Cohen dotancohen at gmail.com
Mon Jul 6 06:42:40 UTC 2009

> Out of curiosity I just looked at ~/.config and see things pertaining to
> apps that I deleted long ago and others pertaining to apps currently
> installed (but no trash). What is the function of this directory?

You need to purge the applications, not remove them, to erase those
files. From TFM for apt-get:

remove
    remove is identical to install except that packages are removed
instead of installed. Note the removing a package leaves its
configuration files in system. If a plus sign is appended to the
package name (with no intervening space), the identified package  will
be installed instead of removed.

purge
    purge is identical to remove except that packages are removed and
purged (any configuration files are deleted too).

--
Dotan Cohen

http://what-is-what.com
http://gibberish.co.il