[nntp going down in the history books with aol!] was Re: News Reader Question

Tom Sparks tom_a_sparks at yahoo.com.au
Sat Jul 4 15:01:36 UTC 2009

--- On Sun, 5/7/09, marc <gmane at auxbuss.com> wrote:

> From: marc <gmane at auxbuss.com>
> Subject: Re: [nntp going down in the history books with aol!] was Re: News Reader Question
> To: ubuntu-users at lists.ubuntu.com
> Jay Daniels wrote:
>
> > NoOp wrote:
> by web forums (along with
> somewhat control over.

> archie, plain text telnet

without telnet the internet would not exist.

they may be dead in the mainstreams eyes, but they are still being used for many reason, even NASA is going to use the store and forward technology (1970-1989) for it's interplanetary network (see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Interplanetary_internet)

tom_a_sparks