Linux software for Automotive Repair Shop

Jay Daniels jaydanie at gmail.com
Fri Jul 3 15:12:39 UTC 2009

Brian McKee wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 1, 2009 at 1:42 PM, Jay Daniels<jaydanie at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I need a good replacement for GO which will run on Ubuntu Linux.
>
> Might be worth a phone call to Activant - http://activant.com/auto
>
> I know somebody does/did do it a couple of years ago, but there's no
> mention of OS on their site at a quick glance.  I suspect they aren't
> 'cheap' mind you.
>
> I'll try and dig thru some notes at work in the next couple of days.
> I *know* there was somebody...
>
> If you do find something, *please* let me know.
>
> Brian

You right brian, activant way our of my price range!

However, I think they do use a Linux/Unix backend and terminal or
Windows for frontend.

I am going to contact the developer of Ah3 and see what the roadmap
looks like.

I could not get Garage Operator to run under wine.  I may try other
Windows software with wine.

take care,

jay