Is there a graphic SFTP for Ubuntu

NoOp glgxg at sbcglobal.net
Fri Jul 3 02:44:38 UTC 2009

On 07/02/2009 07:29 PM, Smoot Carl-Mitchell wrote:
> On Thu, 2009-07-02 at 22:19 -0400, Jay Daniels wrote:
>> Chris wrote:
>> >>

>> > Gftp allows sft transfer.
>> >

>> You are correct Chris.  Correct me if I'm wrong, sftp is just ftp over ssh.
>
> No, it is not FTP over SSH.  It is a different transfer protocol.
> However. the client side mimics client-side FTP.

Added:
http://www.openssh.org/txt/draft-ietf-secsh-filexfer-02.txt
<quote>
2. Use with the SSH Connection Protocol

   When used with the SSH2 Protocol suite, this protocol is intended to
   be used from the SSH Connection Protocol [5] as a subsystem, as
   described in section ``Starting a Shell or a Command''.  The
   subsystem name used with this protocol is "sftp".
</quote>
and
http://www.vandyke.com/technology/draft-ietf-secsh-filexfer.txt
[SSH File Transfer Protocol]