Openoffice problem in Ubuntu

NoOp glgxg at sbcglobal.net
Fri Jul 3 00:01:02 UTC 2009

On 07/01/2009 07:27 AM, Arun Shrimali wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> I am working ubuntu 9.04 and OOo3.0.1
>
> While working on vlookup (two different files) I found the final
> result with #NAME? error after many combination I could not get the
> right output.
> Incidentaly, I logout and login as different user, and I found that
> vlookup is working perfectly.
>
> I again login as earlier user and do the simple formula like link to
> another file (='point to cell in another file') it give the same error
> i.e. #NAME?
> where as if I use the formula in the same file it works perfectly, if
> I use the another file it give the error #NAME? (which is not the case
> with the second user)
>
> I concluded that there is some configuration changes made by the user
> either in Openoffice or Ubuntu which doesn't make the proper links
> between files.
> can anybody point me out where could be the problem is ??

If you'll trust sending me the files directly I'll be happy to test. I
can test using:

Ubuntu OOo 2.4.1, 3.0.1, and 3.1.0(PPA)
Standard OOo 3.1.0 & 3.2.0(DEV)
WinXPPro & Win2KPro OOo 3.1.0 & 3.2.0(Dev) & MS Excel 97 and 2003

If I (we) find an actual bug, I'll help you file it on launchpad and/or
OOo's qa.openoffice.org.