Latest Updates (Help Needed)

Verde Denim tdldev at gmail.com
Thu Jul 2 16:14:48 UTC 2009

This morning's latest updates to 2.6.24-24-sever SMP included kernel headers
and nvidia drivers. On reboot, I've got the most screwed up display.
I know this has to do with the nvidia drivers, but I'm not sure how to fix
it.
My primary display is blank. My secondary display (a 42" plasma tv) is
available as terminal mode. Gnome is so badly mangled that it's all but
unusable.
my home/.xsession-errors reports ** (nautilus: 7608): WARNING **: Unable to
add monitor: Not supported. along with a number of lines which reads
Xlib: extension "GLX" missing on display ":0.0".

I can't seem to even find a reasonable default xorg.conf file.

I'm running a nvidia card that I had to go through a few hurdles to get
working, but at the moment, I'd be happy just to get the primary display
working so that I can repeat the driver updates again.
(hardware drivers reports no 3rd party drivers in use).

Thanks for any assistance you can provide. I'm sort of stuck at the moment.

Regards

Jack