EeePC

Lynn Ziegler yadaoser at gmail.com
Thu Jul 2 14:30:14 UTC 2009

I just purchased a model 900 (for $167.00 US). I did not care for the
version of linux installed so I immediately installed eebuntu (9.04) - the
"full" version not the base version. It is very slick. However, I had a
couple of problems:

1. I first tried to install using a bootable flash drive as described on the
eebuntu web site. This did not work as I could not get the 900 to boot from
the flash drive. I then created a DVD with eebuntu on it and booted from a
USB DVD drive and installed no problem. Anyone else have trouble booting
from a flash drive to install eebuntu.

2. I simply cannot get the "rotating cube" thing working under Compiz
Fusion. Is this just because the graphics card is too wimpy? Anyone had any
luck with that?

Lynn

On Tue, Jun 30, 2009 at 12:46 AM, madunix <madunix at gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear All
>
> let me start a thread about EeePC, because am gonna buy one
> Which system you have, the 701, the 900, 901, etc etc...
> What do you have in it (OS)?
> List up your Software encyclopedia for you Eee!
> Other issues such as Power Saving, Function Keys, Performance?
> Any recommendations regarding the Operating system?
>
> Thanks
> madunix

Lynn Ziegler
Professor of Computer Science
St. John's University, Collegeville, MN 56320
lziegler at csbsju.edu
http://www.users.csbsju.edu/~lziegler