googleearth wont display weather

Paul S paulatgm at gmail.com
Thu Jul 2 13:20:53 UTC 2009

Most of the time, I can't get ge to show weather.  Under layers, the
weather has only 1 checkbox with no sub directory.

However, once in a while it works correctly.  When working, the layers'
weather is a whole subdirectory of stuff (i.e. clouds, et.al.)

I've tried deleting and recreating the ~/.googleearth directory, with no
effect.

I've tried both version 4 and the current version 5 and have the same
experience.

Anyone else notice this?

Searching the bug comes up negative.  Any ideas how to fix it?

TIA