Error Installing Ubuntu : Segmentation Fault

Majdouline R. Touil majdoulinerimtouil at gmail.com
Wed Jul 1 02:10:40 UTC 2009

Hello,
I am trying to install Ubuntu on a Dell Inspiron 5000e. I checked to make
sure that the installation cd was not corrupted and made sure that my laptop
met all the minimum requirements needed for install.

The error message is:

> * preparing restricted drivers...  [ok]
> * Starting kernal event manager... [ok]
> udevd-event[2666]: '/lib/udev/pcmcia-socket-startup'  abnormal exit
> Segmentation fault

What does this error message mean and how do I go about fixing it.

Thank you
M. Touil