Stop fsck checks

Qnix qnix at 0x80.org
Sat Jan 31 19:44:09 UTC 2009

http://ubuntuforums.org/showpost.php?p=2410152&postcount=3

""""""
Modify /etc/fstab

basically the sixth field (fs passno) for each device controls whether or
not fsck is run for a particular partition.

For example here is part of my /etc/fstab (slightly edited so things fit on
one line)

 Code:

# /dev/hda6
UUID=xxxx   /    ext3   defaults,errors=remount-ro         0        1
# /dev/hda1"
UUID=yyyy  /media/hda1     ntfs    defaults,nls=utf8,umask=007,gid=46
    0       0

/dev/hda6 this is my root partition and the sixth field should be set to 1
/dev/hda1 contains my windows stuff the sixth field is by default set to 2,
which tells to fsck to scan the drive. Setting it to zero causes fsck to
skip the partition.

This information is detailed in the man pages.
""""""

By the way Keith, fsck checks your hard-disk for errors .
so be sure if you disable it on booting make sure you run it
from time to time.

Qnix < qnix at 0x80.org >
http://0x80.org