Online connection turtle-slow

Jim Kvarnberg jimkvg at 3web.net
Sat Jan 31 16:13:52 UTC 2009

Thank you guys for trying to help me with the slowness problem of
connection with online banking and other websites that requires my login
sign and password.  I still want to stick to using the FireFox Web
browser because before Ubuntu 8.04 (now 8.10), I had no problem.  I
tried some different Linux based web browsers such as SeaMonkey and
Epiphany Web Browser.  Still the same problem.     I assumed that the
updates or security buildup were hard on them trying to get in
connection with my computer.  The statement at the bottom bar,
"Transferring data from www.txn.banking.XXXXX..." been there for a long
time say several minutes or so before it finally came on.  Does this
ring a bell?