Professional Network Office copier

Brian McKee brian.mckee at gmail.com
Fri Jan 30 17:42:26 UTC 2009

On Thu, Jan 29, 2009 at 11:30 PM, Philippe Didier
<pdidier at neptuneconcept.com> wrote:
> I am looking for a compatible network black-white office
> printer/scanner/fax with Ubuntu.

More of a negative report - I would not recommend the Canon Image
Runner series (at least the smaller end of the scale) as they are not
Linux friendly, and the interface isn't very friendly either.

Out of curiosity - why a copier?  When we last looked, you could get
two higher end MFC printer/scanner/fax units from HP or Lexmark etc.
for the price of a copier and have lots of money left over.  Price per
page didn't seem too bad either.  Just curious if the numbers worked
out differently for you guys....

Let us know where you end up if you can.

Brian