: Ubuntu 8.4 problem - 'Grandmaw Linda"

Mario Vukelic mario.vukelic at dantian.org
Fri Jan 30 07:15:19 UTC 2009

On Fri, 2009-01-30 at 01:17 +0100, Mario Vukelic wrote:
> Database about applications that work or not: http://appdb.winehq.org/

In another reply Lucio mentioned the name of the embroidery software,
Pe-Design Ver. 5 or 6, and so I looked it up. It is not listed at
http://appdb.winehq.org/

However, there is also a commercial variant of Wine, Codeweaver's
Crossover. Codeweaver provides support for specific Windows applications
that they have certified to run on their Crossover application. Their
application database knows about Pe-Design. Unfortunately it says that
is is known not to run:
http://www.codeweavers.com/compatibility/browse/name/?app_id=3390

So, it seems that you are out of luck with Wine and should use
VirtualBox instead. It might be a good thing because now we can
concentrate on helping you installing Windows XP in VirtualBox -- it
reduces the confusing number of options :)