Ubuntu 8.4 problem

Lucio M Nicolosi lmnicolosi at gmail.com
Thu Jan 29 20:24:33 UTC 2009

Karl F. Larsen wrote:
> Lucio M Nicolosi wrote:
>
>> Chris Mohler wrote:

>>> Um - I think the opposite.
>>>
>>> Chris
>>>

>> I would state it's just the opposite! Ever tried to install W after Linux?
>>
>> L.
>>

>     I can't believe I am seeing this! Last year the approved way to run
> Ubuntu was in dual boot with Grub to Windows. The LiveCD does this
> almost automatically.
>
>     As for loading Windows after Ubuntu, you MUST HAVE partition 1 open
> and you must format the partition with Windows, and if you do that it
> will load easy. I did that on my laptop and it is working perfect in
> dual boot.
>

> Karl

Karl,

Of course it can be done, Grandmaw Linda who already has a nice Ubuntu
installation in her computer and is happy with it could install Windows
after Linux but:

    1 - She would have to repartition her HD.

    2 - As Windows messes with Grub she would have to reinstall Grub.

It doesn't seem so easy.

Compared to this Wine ou even Vbox are piece of cakes.

L.

--
Lucio M. Nicolosi, Eng.
São Paulo - Brazil