Ubuntu 8.4 problem

Chris Mohler cr33dog at gmail.com
Thu Jan 29 18:32:21 UTC 2009

On Thu, Jan 29, 2009 at 11:08 PM, Linda Webb <webbsway at gmail.com> wrote:
> Chris,my embroidery machine is a Brother PE-700II and yes it uses a
> USB to connect.

Hi Linda,

Does the machine appear in the "Places" menu when you connect it to
your PC (while running Ubuntu)?

If not, unplug it, open Applications->Accessories->Terminal and type/paste in:
tail -f /var/log/messages
and then press enter.  Then plug in the emboidery machine usb cable
and see what it says in the terminal window- you can copy and paste
that here.

In theory, (if the machine shows up) you can drag DST files (or
whatever format the machine needs) into the folder that shows up under
Places and the machine will be ready to go.  While that covers getting
the machine to operate, the next question might be trickier: what
embroidery design software to you have or plan on using?

Chris

PS - I was a tech/repair guy on an old Tajima 6-head machine in the past....