What Video Card for 2D

Knapp magick.crow at gmail.com
Thu Jan 29 09:28:48 UTC 2009

> Nvidia 7200 GS (get the passively cooled ones),  Cost about $40 US
>
> Works with open source or binary driver, either of which should support
> XV video with no tearing.  Binary driver should also let you enable
> desktop effects and such.

I was going to say almost the same thing. I run a Nvidia 7600 gs with
the fan unplugged and it runs at 68 deg. I has for 2 years with NP. It
also costs about 40$. It is just fine with 3d games to. I am not a
hardcore player but I do play sometimes and the card has never been a
problem. Drivers are also very easy to deal with most of the time. I
can't say what is better 7600 VS 7200.

--
Douglas E Knapp

Amazon Gift Cards; let them choose!!