What Video Card for 2D

Carl Flippin carlf at photocarl.org
Thu Jan 29 01:55:14 UTC 2009

I'm running 64 bit ubuntu with an ATI X1900. I am having a variety of
problems with the video card and would like to know what would work
better. My requirements:

- I don't care about 3d performance
- I want video to be clear and have no tearing
- Cheap is better than not cheap

I don't have any problems with using binary drivers but I've been
unable to get the ATI drivers running reliably under 64 bit. Lots of
odd lockups and such. At the moment, I've switched to the open source
driver but have had problems with tearing.

Any ideas?

--
Carl Flippin         | An idealist is one who, on noticing that a
carlf at photocarl.org  | rose smells better than a cabbage, concludes