wicd: Validating Authentication

Tom Sparks tom_a_sparks at yahoo.com.au
Wed Jan 28 23:37:36 UTC 2009

On Wed, Jan 28, 2009 at 9:29 AM, Brian McKee <brian.mckee at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 28, 2009 at 5:32 AM, Tom Sparks <tom_a_sparks at yahoo.com.au> wrote:
>> I cant get wicd to complete the Validating Authentication stage in connecting to a wpa wireless network
>> I am using ubuntu hardy 8.04 LTS

>Hi Tom

>It does work for me and others.  Are you absolutely sure the
>passphrase is correct?  Case matters, as does spaces etc....

yes, I was able to use that passphrase in ubuntu 7.10

>Meant to add - can you hook up to same wireless network using another
>device or OS?

yes connects, same computer using window XP
laptop windows XP

should I upgrade to 8.10?
I'll reboot back in ubuntu, see if i can get the wicd log and post it....

tom_a_sparks

      Stay connected to the people that matter most with a smarter inbox. Take a look http://au.docs.yahoo.com/mail/smarterinbox