printing via serial to usb cable

Chris Mohler cr33dog at gmail.com
Wed Jan 28 19:40:17 UTC 2009

On Thu, Jan 29, 2009 at 1:31 PM, Wade Smart <wadesmart at gmail.com> wrote:

> and to Karla and Steve... if I wasnt short of money I would. But this
> was working just fine with the parallel to usb and then I put in new ink
> and it wont work. If I new what was wrong with the parallel to usb I
> would use that but, its causing so many errors and I had this cable - I
> thought why not

Wade - do you have an older machine in a closet somewhere that has a
parallel port and ethernet?  If so, you could make a print server out
of it - that's what I have set up at the home office so I can print
from every machine and OS...  An older laptop should work pretty well,
since it will be thriftier on power consumption.  I'm using a tiny
pIII tower right now - though I did score a laptop that someone threw
out(!), but I still need to track down a new CPU fan for it.

Just a thought...

Chris