printing via serial to usb cable

Chris Mohler cr33dog at gmail.com
Wed Jan 28 19:32:54 UTC 2009

On Thu, Jan 29, 2009 at 1:01 PM, Karl F. Larsen <klarsen1 at gmail.com> wrote:
[...]
> It occurs to me your using an ink jet printer. Why not give it to the
> trash man and buy a new one at Sam's or Wal Mart. I looked and ink jets
> are selling for under $40.00 and the new ones all have USB ports to the
> computer. And a friend told me the Dollar Stores have the cable  for
> $1:00 each.

_Worst_ suggestion _ever_.

Next time you can't figure out your printer, please donate it to
someone - or hell, mail it to me (unless it's a Lexmark, in which case
it it probably *does* belong in the landfill).  There are likely
computer recyclers in your area as well - take some responsibility!

I love it:  wallyworld + lexmark = "disposable" printers....

Chris