fsck after every dual boot

Mark Haney mhaney at ercbroadband.org
Tue Jan 27 19:18:28 UTC 2009

Chris Mohler wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 28, 2009 at 1:02 PM, NoOp <glgxg at sbcglobal.net> wrote:

>>> <straw grasping>
>>>
>>> Is it only after you boot windows?  or is it every time you reboot?
>>> (You might only ever reboot to run Windows, thus....)  Does /forcefsck
>>> exist?
>>>
>>> </straw grasping>
>>>
>> Only after I boot Windows. No /forcefsck on that system. Interestingly
>> enough, I _do_ have an /forcefsck on this system that has no problems
>> dual-booting.
>
> OK - my turn to grasp at straws : is windows mounting your ext2/3 partition(s)?
>
> Chris

Also, have you done a full fsck after a reboot?  Does it find anything
at all?  I mean, this might indicate a bad drive, it's not likely, but
it is a possibility.  Are you seeing any errors when you run it?

quadraturae circuli

Mark Haney
Sr. Systems Administrator
ERC Broadband
(828) 350-2415

Call (866) ERC-7110 for after hours support