ttf-mathematica: neither installed nor removed

David Curtis dcurtis at uniserve.com
Tue Jan 27 18:53:18 UTC 2009

On Tue, 27 Jan 2009 18:28:53 +0530
"H.S.Rai" <hardeep.rai at gmail.com> wrote:

> I tried to install ttf-mathematica.  But I guess there is some issue
> with this package.
>
> Now whenever I upgrade or install, apt-get run in to problem and give
> message that ttf-mathematica is not installed properly.
>
> On update it give message:
>
> > 1 not fully installed or removed
>
> and then:
>
> > checking MathFonts_TrueType_41.exe
> > Downloaded file looks corrupted!
> > dpkg: error processing ttf-mathematica4.1 (--configure):
> > subprocess post-installation script returned error exit status 1
> > Errors were encountered while processing:
> > ttf-mathematica4.1
> > E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)
>
> If I want to remove it, again it give following message:
>
> > E: ttf-mathematica4.1: subprocess pre-removal script returned error exit status 1
>
> Now I want it should remove partial installed  ttf-mathematica and
> should not try to install on next run of apt-get. What should I do?

There's two things you can do. One is to create the missing files so you can completely remove. This link from the forums shows you how: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=990622.

The other way would be to find a working link for 'MathFonts_TrueType_41.exe' and change the link in /var/lib/dpkg/info/ttf-mathematica4.1.xxxx install script.

--
David Curtis <dcurtis at uniserve.com>