hi there, all!

Paul Gupta paul at guptaxpn.com
Tue Jan 27 18:11:23 UTC 2009

Haseeb ul Hasan wrote:
> I am basicallly trying to switch to Ubuntu, mainly because I am a little
> sick of windows :).
> Actually i bought Compaq Presario V6715EN (64 bit platform) which came
> with Vista home edition, I have checked the website and the problem i am
> facing is, i cant find any drivers in the compaq support section and its
> really hard to find 64 bit drivers for ubuntu.
>
> Its a really long drag to find all the manufacturer sites to dig into
> them to find all the drivers for 64 bit platform of ubuntu. Does any one
> out there already have installed it on a 64 bit platform or especially
> on this laptop model. I hope it might auto load all the drivers (maybe
> have all ofém in its database).
>
> I really would appreciate if anyone knows a site which is a good driver
> search engine for ubuntu
>
> Cheers
> regards,
> MH

Which 64 bit drivers specifically can you NOT find?  Most are already
installed/working with a default installation of *buntu.

Also, I doubt you need 64 bit, it's generally less supported and offers
no noticeable performance gain compared to 32 bit in everyday computing.

Best of luck to you and I hope your transition to *buntu or just general
*nix goes well!

--
~Paul