fsck after every dual boot

NoOp glgxg at sbcglobal.net
Tue Jan 27 17:46:18 UTC 2009

On 01/26/2009 10:04 PM, Matthew Flaschen wrote:
> NoOp wrote:
>> I've one dual-boot system that does an fsck every time I reboot back
>> into hardy following a WinXP boot/session. Two other identical systems
>> don't do this, only this one.
>>
>> Any clues on where I should start looking?
>
> Well, one obvious question is, are their fstabs really identical?  If
> not, can you post the full fstab for all three?
>
> Matt Flaschen

That was my first thought, so I thought that I had mirrored the fstab
settings. I'd missed the fact that on the problem machine I still had
/dev/sdb1 instead of the UUID, so I modified that. No luck. After a
Windows boot & then reboot into Hardy I still get: Unclean shutdown,
checking drives - /dev/sdb1. sdb1 is the hardy drive, sda1 is the
Windows drive.  I'll poke around in the log files and see if I can
figure out what is going on. Thanks.