hubackup

Mario Vukelic mario.vukelic at dantian.org
Mon Jan 26 18:30:09 UTC 2009

On Mon, 2009-01-26 at 10:35 -0600, John Graddy wrote:
> I recently installed hubackup on an 8.04 system.  When I execute
> "System > Adnministration > Home User Backup", the system creates a
> master backup DVD.  When I executue "System > Administration > Home User
> Restore" nothing happens. Any ideas?

This, I think. hubackup sucks.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/hubackup/+bug/159259

Try using sbackup for a reasonably simple but working backup solution.

Strangely, Ubuntu does not offer a really good GUI backup solution. This
was discussed at the Ubuntu Developer Summit for version 9.04, but I
can't remember the outcome. The discussion results are somewhere here:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UDSJaunty/Report