wandering icons

Robert Holtzman holtzm at cox.net
Mon Jan 26 01:02:42 UTC 2009

I'm running 8.04.2 with updates installed as soon as they're available. I
am triple booting different linux systems and switch back and forth
several times a week.

For the last several days some of the application icons in the panels
have been appearing in different locations every time I reboot,
sometimes on the left, sometimes on the right, sometimes in the top
panel, sometimes in the bottom. I'm beginning to wonder if this is a
sign of impending disaster since it's new behavior.

Any comments, ideas, or suggestions welcomed

--
Bob Holtzman
  check the price of the beer"