And another Ubuntu convert!

Rashkae ubuntu at tigershaunt.com
Sat Jan 24 22:21:05 UTC 2009

Preston Kutzner wrote:

> As a slight tangent to the original discussion:
>
> While I don't use noscript to prevent infection vectors while browsing,
> it is handy to keep ads and tracking scripts from running while I visit
> web pages.  Also, it is handy for sites like Linked-In where on systems,
> it's javascript is so jacked up that some of its pages take *minutes* to
> load.  It is also good for preventing those really annoying pop-over ads
> (the flash ones that FF's built-in popup blocking doesn't catch).  So,
> there are reasons for people to use such plug-ins.  And as far as
> annoyance is concerned, that's a relative argument.  I'd rather put up
> with the "annoyance" of having to manually allow scripts for pages than
> to be bombarded with useless advertising and tracking scripts while I'm
> browsing.

For this purpose, I use 'yesscript'. it's the opposite of No script, in
that it uses a Blacklist to turn off scripts from annoying sites at the
click of an icon, but as a benefit, does not fark up your on-line orders
when you are trasported to a payment processor that requires javascript.
 (as one example of many of ways that noscript can really mess you up.)