Domain controller

Preston Kutzner shizzlecash at gmail.com
Sat Jan 24 20:42:51 UTC 2009

On Jan 23, 2009, at 9:06 AM, Brian McKee wrote:

> On Fri, Jan 23, 2009 at 2:20 AM, Shali 9846303531
> <shalib2 at gmail.com> wrote:
>> i am from and engineering college, we are going to set up a new
>> computer
>> programming lab, in which there are 60 systems,  i need to control
>> the whole
>> 60 systems from one server, i mean when i run 1 script in server it
>> must
>> effect the whole client system, how can i configure it ??
>
> Dear Shali
>
> That's a pretty big question, which leads to a lot more questions
> about what exactly you want to do, and how you think you should get
> there.  Words like 'effect the whole client system' and 'control'
> don't help us understand very well.
>
> It seems like you want a specific answer to a general question - which
> no one can do really.

I agree with Brian.  You didn't specify what you're trying to
accomplish here.  But, if you're looking for a general administration
interface for managing multiple Ubuntu systems, Canonical does offer a
pay-for solution called Landscape.  There are other alternatives out
there as well, such as ClusterSSH (clusterssh.sourceforge.net),
Puppet, cfengine, Capistrano, or the like.