SSH between computers on LAN

David Fox dfox94085 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 23 22:51:32 UTC 2009

On Fri, Jan 23, 2009 at 2:03 PM, Karl F. Larsen <klarsen1 at gmail.com> wrote:

>    I read where a guy was using "scp" to transfer files but his router
> failed. My problem is simply "scp" doesn't work because I can not figure

Another easy way to transfer files (and it can be used to easily
browse files as well) is to use the "fish" orotocol in a browser such
as konqueror. You fire up konqueror, type in "fish://<your ip or
computer name>" and then you can browse or copy files from your big
box to the laptop or another computer.

>    This is the same as ftp but using different letters and such. I
> don't have sshd set up on the laptop. Could this cause a problem?

Not unless you are trying or want to log into the laptop from another machine.