sending data to printer

Wade Smart wadesmart at gmail.com
Fri Jan 23 16:15:30 UTC 2009

20090123 1010 GMT-5

I got a kit to fix my printer but now I cant send data to it.

I haven't changed the USB port.
Nor the cable.
In cups the address of the printer is:
Device URI:
hal:///org/freedesktop/Hal/devices/usb_device_4348_5584_noserial_if0_printer_noserial

I printed a test page from the printer.
I can NOT print a test page from the computer.
Status in cups is: processing, accepting jobs
Under device manger I can see the printer connected.

using:
sudo tail -f /var/log/messages
I see:
Jan 23 10:13:17 wadesmart kernel: [ 2501.138082] usb 1-1: new full speed
USB device using uhci_hcd and address 88

Nothing comes up when I do lsusb... and I have had that problem in the
past too though it was printing.

I dont know what to do next.

This is my HP LaserJet 4050 running from parallel to usb, no network
option available.

Wade
--
Registered Linux User: #480675