Dual Boot Segfault

Gregory Zill gregory at r3g.net
Thu Jan 22 19:17:12 UTC 2009

I have just been authorized to dual-boot ubuntu onto my corporate
laptop. I proceeded to shrink the existing C:\ main partition and then
fired up the 8.10 desktop CD. Mind you, I was all docked and
dual-screened at the moment. Well, the install CD seg-faulted and took
a long, long. long time. Another attempt at same, I selected the live
option to see if I might even get a desktop. Well, the desktop showed
but two error dialogs were froze to the screen and it did not handle
my mouse. My next option later this evening will be to try it while
undocked. But anyone's suggestions would be greatly appreciated.