SSH / SFTP from one machine to another

Gilles Gravier gilles at gravier.org
Thu Jan 22 06:16:14 UTC 2009

Hi!

The answer is to use "scp" which is cp over ssh. It comes as a standard
binary part of the ssh suite. If you have ssh, you have scp.

scp -r (-r means "recursive")

Now just type "scp" and the RETURN key for a description of the
parameters. You didn't mention if the source was local and destination
remote or vice versa... so I don't have the definitive answer for you.
But assuming the source is local, you would type :

scp -r SOURCE-DIRECTORY USER at R-MOTE-HOST:REMOTE-DIR

Gilles.

--
/*Gilles Gravier*/ *=* *Gilles at Gravier.org* <mailto:Gilles at Gravier.org>
ICQ : *77488526*